Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Mr. Pugpants - My Day 2 Submission

Okay, my painting for today is Mr. Howard P. Pugpants,  Mr. H. "Pee"  Pugpants, who might just take action using his middle initial once he see's this quick late night painting attempt. The gentleman canine depicted in this painting is the famous, dog-about-town, the son of fellow painter Nancy Medina.  If you scroll down the page on Nancy's page, you will see Mr. Pugpants in more casual wear.  The photo I am painting from was taken on date night several months ago.   So sorry Mr. Pugpants, I know that this painting does not do your stud- like self justice.  I will likely spend a few more minutes (or hours) on you tomorrow before I start painting number 3.  Hmm, not so sure this painting a day will actually improve my reputation at this point!  But I will conquer self doubt and go forward.  Ha!

2 comments:

  1. I love Howie Pee Pugpants! (And of course, Nancy, too :o)

    This is a wonderful painting of him! (I especially love the collar/tie -- cuz I made it :o)

    Good Luck with the rest of the challenge!

    (I entered, too -- so far I'm keeping up.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Thank you! It 's so nice to know that someone is looking! I re-posted the painting after an additional day of work, and I think he looks quite improved. His fur added a who new dimension of challenge, given the mottled tan/black patterning of his coat that is especially noticeable on his adorable little head wrinkles (no doubt he got these from wondering how I could have failed to capture his true image). I received permission from Nancy to paint two other of his images and will try my best to do him justice. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow, since I have a whole day to paint. I've been helping out at the Dutch Art Gallery during the day and been a stealth painter at night! I'll check out your work too!

    ReplyDelete