Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Day 9 of Challenge: Study for Young Molly in Blue

4" x 4" study of Molly in Blue
This little 4 x 4 painting, like the one I posted yesterday, is of a young girl.  This time, rather than wearing yellow, she's in blue.  This is based on a photo taken of the child while she was outdoors.  The image from yesterday was taken indoors with natural light from an adjacent window.  Let me know what you think.  I'm not entirely happy with the bright color I put in the highlight of her bang and the curl over her left shoulder.  This painting a day thing (in my opinion) is indeed challenging, but for me to be really happy with a painting, I think I need a couple of days to contemplate my 'finished' piece and decide (after I've slept on it) what I could do to make it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment