Saturday, September 7, 2013

Day 6 Challenge - Jennifer The Party Girl

Jennifer as Party Girl - (3.5" x 5") My Day 6 Painting
Tonight's post is of a photo I took several years ago of a friend at a party having a darned good time, and ignoring me as I stalked her to try to get a good photograph.  The painting itself, is quite small... 3 1/2 inches by 5 inches (that's at least on the small side for me).  Most of my other paintings have been 8 x 10.  General thoughts - warm light, cool shadows, with a sneaky wine glass that perhaps I should have been clever enough to eliminate.  But, hey, sure was fun to paint.  Don't those funky glasses (I'm referring to the optical enhancers) make a major retro statement?  In the future, those grandkids of ours will be looking back and saying...oh, she must have been a painter from the 1950's (Oh no! I wasn't born yet!).  And I've got to say, those hands are not my very best...but given that I did this in 2 hours, not so bad.  Hope all the other daily painters are having a ball out there.


Howard "Pee" Pugpants - Revised from the 1 day Painting

Note, I am also reposting Mr. Pugpants (left), because I believe I failed to serve him seriously in his search for mating opportunities. (Note, this is the enhanced Howard, where I spent a considerable amount of time trying to truly capture the beauty of his fur.) However, Mr. Pugpants, I think if you want to make it with the ladies, you may need to change your tie selection.... and I do have photos of you looking smarter.  So watch out viewers - if I have any - Howard will return to stun the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment