Monday, September 2, 2013

Back to Accept the Challenge 30 paintings in 30 days


Well, I took a hiatus of what...close to 9 months?  (And, no, no birth was given, unless it is to my art.)  But I'm back painting...quite a lot, and just haven't taken the trouble to blog.  So, here goes.  I am officially participating in the Lesley Saeta challenge...  to Leslie Saeta's blog  to learn more specifics about the challenge.  

I am posting my first painting here...it is called "Rusty Wins His Metal".  This is based on a photograph that was drawn, randomly, at the Dutch Art Gallery in July 2013 for an event called "The Dog Days of Summer" where I did a demo painting 'Tiara' a sweet dog in need that I think is still available for adoption.  If you go here,  you'll see me (looking like I'm posing) painting "Tiara".

This painting is for the lucky customer, the owner of Rusty, so I hope she's happy with it. However, if the owner (or for that matter Rusty) isn't happy with it,...it can all be modified, because oil paint is very forgiving!  OOH!  This is the first time I've seen the photo and the painting side by side, and I might need to make some changes....I think I made poor Rusty a bit thinner in the face than he deserves.  There you go...some painters are never satisfied with their work.  I just want to get it right!

1 comment:

  1. Oops, I failed to mention that I am actually starting a day late, as today is Labor Day, Monday September 2nd. So, I will be finishing up on October 1 to get my 30 paintings in. WooHoo!

    ReplyDelete